30 July 2008

Turmoil, revisited

I was wrong.

It is not a better week at all. In fact it's turning into a bit of a disaster.

With lost photos at home, failed ADSL line at work and an inoperable mail server, technology is still firmly in my bad books. Seems wherever I look, everything's gone distinctly fruit shaped (what does that mean anyway?).

Despite a special trip into the office yesterday evening, lots of fiddling around with settings and phone calls to everyone I can think of, there are still about 4 disasters all layered on top of one another. The worst thing is, once I've sorted this out, I've got to get on and deal with the real disaster which is what prompted me to find out about all the other disasters.

The profession of mad old hermit is looking decidedly appealing at the moment.

I hate ADSL, I hate email, I hate Draytek and most of all I hate suppliers who can't put things together properly (or even in the right place). If I was the Hulk, I'd be looking distinctly green around the gills by now.

[12:40]
Things have turned around a little. Found out what 3 of the 4 problems were caused by (in order: hardware failure, IT consultants, disgruntled ex-contractor) and have started tackling the main disaster. An appropriate snot-o-gram has been sent and (gentle) threats made. Time to retire to a safe distance and have some lunch, I think.

No comments: