12 July 2008

The day we make contact?

Here we go on the second day of my iPhone Odyssey. Hopefully we will get activation today.

My Sony Ericsson phone has stubbornly decided not to allow me to upload the pics I took yesterday, so I still only have the stock thumbnails.

10:20 Just had an voicemail from O2 saying they are still struggling to get people activated. They will let me know as soon as it happens

12:00 Finally managed to get onto iTunes with the iPhone. Cancelled the registration screen, but at least I can get some functionality on the phone now.

12:10 Managed to join my WiFi net and now have web and maps et al. Neat. Still no word about activation though.

14:20 Amusingly, I just phoned the store to check the status of activations, only to be told they were just starting to be processed and they would "definitely be done by Monday". 30 seconds after I hung up, someone else from the store called me back to say they were just dealing with my activation. They're just doing it now and I'm expecting a call back in "3 or 4 minutes".

14:40 A little longer than 3 or 4 minutes, but I'm now activated. Registered through iTunes without an issue. Now waiting for the O2 network to update and recognise my SIM. I can see the O2 network, but it won't let me connect yet.

16:00 OK, this is getting silly. Still can't connect. Time to reboot the phone. Ah ha - now we see the network. I have now successfuly received texts and a call on the phone. Finally, all is well - hoorah!

No comments: