07 July 2008

PACs, Shops and O2

I received an email from O2 today saying I could pre-order an iPhone.

Didn't really want to do this, as it means hanging around waiting for a bloke in a van to turn up rather than the heady joy and hustle and bustle of the _real_ shopping experience.

Didn't matter anyway, I got as far as checkout and then the whole O2 shop went down. Now that I can finally get back on to it, the 16GB has sold out - so it'll be the shop on Friday for me.

I also this morning received my PAC from Orange. Strange, I've never known them be so efficient as when I want to leave. I got a standard letter as well. It's interesting that the advisor asks you why you want to leave, but this has no bearing on the letter you get - obviously a bit _too_ difficult.

Now, I just need to find out if the rumor about O2 opening shops at 7am on Friday is true or not. I'm going to feel a right plonker turning up and having to wait for 2 hours for them to open.

[14:01]
O2 are opening at 8:02 on Friday. However there is a proviso about store in shopping centres opening at the normal time. Since most of the shops are in shopping centres, I'm not sure what this means. Guess I'll have to ring my local store(s) to find out.

[17:50]
Just had an email from Carphone Warehouse about pre-ordering, but they're out of stock of the 16GB version too. O2 are now out of 8GB as well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It would appear to be a bit of a pain getting the 16GB one, unless you were lucky enough to get online within the first 30 seconds.

I shall wait until next week, methinks.

aFj said...

Maybe, but it's risky. Word is that it's going to be next-to-impossible to get one for a number of weeks.

I think having a go on Friday has got to be worth it (or raiding the local Citylink depot).