11 August 2008

Traffic calming

No, I am not at all calm.

Thanks to horrendous traffic in Reading, I just missed my eyesight test. This is a test they should have booked me in for last week when I went for my contact lens check-up, so it's doubly annoying that I had to struggle into the middle of Reading again and that this time it was a nightmare.

I don't know what caused the traffic to be so bad, but at 10:00 it normally seems to at least be manageable, but not today. It might be something to do with the school holidays, I just don't know.

I could have waited an hour and a half for another appointment, but that means being late back to work (maybe not a major problem), having to pay for the car parking (at great expense) and also hanging around Reading for far longer than is healthy.

I have now rebooked my test in Didcot, which is a far more sensible place to get to, on Thursday. Just means I have to hope I don't break or lose my last remaining set of lenses for a little while longer.

[15:55]
Typical. My boss now wants a meeting on Thursday which will make it difficult or impossible to get to Didcot in time. I'm trying to persuade him otherwise.

[12/08/08]
Phew. Meeting rearranged for Wednesday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your boss can meet you at the opticians?

aFj said...

Not a bad idea, except its against his religion to hold meetings anywhere other than in a pub.