18 August 2008

Oxford Rock

We had friends to visit this weekend.

Had an excellent time with walking and drinking and chatting and eating far too much, but the highlight had to be Guitar Hero.

It really is rather jolly to play - much better than I expected, having seen kids playing it in HMV. We didn't spend a huge amount of time on it, but enough to start getting the hang of it (and get very sore fingers).

I do feel it's a bit of a social game, rather than one I'd want to go away and play for hours, but the sheer concentration it takes and the utter humiliation when you miss the button on a long note and have to stand there for about ten minutes in complete silence is so much fun. Herself didn't get on with it, so I don't think I'll be getting it - at least not yet - but maybe it's worth it for the party season.

I ROCK
(but only on easy level and only on about 1 song which I can almost play all the way through)

No comments: