22 June 2008

Windy Miller

After much research, soul searching, peering at speadsheets and general waving around of arms, we've decided to switch to green electricity. Apparently it's similar to the normal blue type, except it doesn't involve decimating the planet in the process.

Being a (very, very relaxed) eco-warrior and all-round planet friendly sort, I thought this was doing my bit for the environment. It does, however, seem to be enormously complex and confusing and you go cross-eyed looking at pie charts of energy production and graphs of sustainability and all that jazz.

In the end, I pseudo-gave up and opted for a plan that seemed to be financially reasonable, whilst green enough to let me sleep soundly in my bed at night - I chose Juice from NPower - which is one of those buy back ones where they can't be bothered to produce the green power themselves. Although if the prices go up too much more, I shall be installing a windmill on my chimney (and only having the lights on when it's windy).

However in the meantime of course, I'll be able to leave all the lights on and my computers at full belt and yet feel totally guilt free.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is that a picture of me?

aFj said...

Yes.

It's the hat that gives it away, isn't it?