17 March 2009

Feature presentation

Just heard from the Apple announcement about the big iPhone software upgrade.

The big news for me is that it's getting MMS - something which drives me insane at the moment as I have several people who send me MMS all the time and it's not only laborious to pick up the messages from the dubious O2 site, but also embarassing to send emails in response.

There are a number of other neat things they announced, including copy and paste - which will be useful - and a push system that actually works (apparently) but the real test will be what the developers do with the new stuff they've been given as part of the upgrade. Certainly Sat-Nav functions look on the cards now, so that'll be handy - albeit annoying if you get a call in the middle of the tricky bit.

I shall be following developments until the upgrade is available in June - and perhaps I can bore you silly with them, just like I did with the iPhone 3G.

1 comment:

The Phantom Flasher said...

Well I just got my registration through so I can start developing apps now (could before but I was just being lazy :-) )... If anyone has any apps they really want the let me know...