23 February 2009

Suspiciously quiet

No more news on interviews

Following on from my previous post, there is still no word as to whether they want to interview me or not.

Back from a weekend away in Gloucestershire and into the old job hunting lark again, it's picked up a little today after last week being very poor. Still, the only agents that call are the ones that don't need to - either confirming that I'm _still_ OK to attend an interview, or telling me that they have no more news.

Since I spent half of last year trying to recruit decent software developers, I know what it's like from the other side. One has to draw the conclusion that there are jobs available and people well qualified to do them, but agents are totally hopeless at putting the two together. Maybe there's a new buisness opportunity here .... ho hum.

2 comments:

The Phantom Flasher said...

The same for me. I have been looking around for another contract and the only calls I get are from agents who tell me there is no news. The actually call me to tell me there is no news :-).
I agree with the point about the agents. I have found very few who actually understand what the client wants or understand what the applicant can actually do... I don't think there is much opportunity as you will just end up becoming one of them :-)...

aFj said...

You mean, resistance is futile, you will be assimilated? ... I'm sure I've heard that somewhere before.