18 September 2008

Incomplete Galaxy

It serves me right for looking at game sites on the web.

I was just idling checking through some game sites whilst I drank my coffee this morning and decided to have a look for Mario Galaxy cheat codes. To my dismay, I discovered that I hadn't finished the game - as I'd previously thought.

As I'd heard before there ARE 121 stars, not 120. What I hadn't waited for, when I finished the game before, was for all the video footage to play through. If you do that, a new video comes up at the end and then the system unlocks Luigi - so you can play as him. Apparently you now have to go through and get all the power stars again before it finally unlocks the Finale Galaxy.

So I'm back to the very begining, but this time playing Luigi. He's a bit different than Mario - he slides a lot more but he can jump a little higher. So far I've managed to get 2 stars. I'm hoping that it will be a little easier this time because I've done it all before, but I'm not convinced I'll be able to remember it all - oh well, we shall see.

I have to take back my words about a disappointing ending - at least until I've worked my way through another 188 stars as Luigi - phew!

No comments: