27 May 2008

Shiny new things and warranties


A nice man came today to fix our house. Not that it was particularly broken, just had a few odds and ends that needed doing. Being a new house it's all covered under the developer warranty, apparently, and so I don't have to do it all myself.

Never had a new house before, so its rather nice to have someone who'll come and sort out those annoying things (e.g. the plug on the sink getting stuck in the up position). I can certainly recommend it. If I was being cynical I'd say it was all factored into the higher cost of a new house - but I wouldn't do that, would I?

Having said all that, we still have a leaking gutter which needs sorting out. Guess it's time to call the customer service number again and then sit back until someone arrives to do it. Wonderful.

No comments: